cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

K-FACTORS

BillRullan
1-Newbie

K-FACTORS

Anybody know how to obtain the K-FACTOR from a sheetmetal part in order to add it to a column in a family table? I have a generic part that can be made from a variety of materials, and I want to add a column to generate the appropriate developed lengths.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

You can control the Y-factor and assign bend tables via material files. Then control the material (PTC_MATERIAL_NAME) in your family table. You will need to add each material to the generic part then specify it in the family table. This has worked well for me in the past and is our current practice. Rodney, WF3, M140

That's exactly what we tried in WF 4.0, but when we assigned material choice for each part in the family table, all parts in the family table re-generated to the most recent choice.

The way I control them (again, WF3 here, have not tried it on WF4) is thru relations. For example: IF MATERIAL==0 PTC_MATERIAL_NAME="SS" ENDIF IF MATERIAL==1 PTC_MATERIAL_NAME="AL6061" ENDIF IF MATERIAL==2 PTC_MATERIAL_NAME="STEEL" ENDIF IF MATERIAL==3 PTC_MATERIAL_NAME="BRASS" ENDIF Then I add the parameter "MATERIAL" in the family table. I would actually leave "PTC_MATERIAL_NAME" out of the table. If you have a flat instance you will need to ensure its values match the formed instance that you want. I will usually make a fomed and flat of each instance that I can verify. The drawback to that is it doubles your family table size. Hope this helps.
Top Tags