cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

K-factor Value input in PRO-E

ptc-4753077
1-Newbie

K-factor Value input in PRO-E

Hello ,

I am moving from Inventor to PRO_E .

Inventor has a capability , where in I can feed a table with K-factor values and corresponding material thickness(as shown in screenshot).

I could just select the neccessary thickness (and associated k-factor from the table would be automatically applied) for the sheet metal part and correspondingly the flat state will be calculated.

In PRO-E can anyone suggest if the same capability is available? I could only find an option in sheet metal parameters, where i have to manually input the k-factor everytime I want to change. This is unlike Inventor.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

yes proe also has this capability, In sheet metal file go to , file> prepare> model properties, under sheetmetal section, click change on bend allowance, the rest of the things you can explore i guess.

Shibin,

I think the only way how to mimic Inventor functinality is to create separate template part for every thicknes and set the appropriate k-factor in it.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

As Jayanta said, under Sheetmetal section in Model Properties select Change for Bend Allowance. You can change location of where it reads Bend Allowance Tables under File - Options - Sheetmetal.

Preferences+Bend+Allowance.jpg

Another option is to check option Use assigned material... Then you can use different bend corrections for different material for e.g stainless and soft steel. In material properties you have to set Y-factor under Miscellaneous tab.

You can go through the help files and see how you can develop your own custom bend tables. This sets a few sheetmetal options based on material and thickness. The difference is that it is not pre-loaded. As with so many things Pro|E, you define the actual data you need the software to use. You can also define it in parameters if you don't wish to program it into a comprehensive table.

Ronan
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-4753077)

hi engineers,

my Customer moves from inventor to CREO and ask me the same question!

he gives me an excel table were I find the K factor for a material and its thickness.

So I write this kind of relation:

if MATERIAL == "ALU" & SMT_THICKNESS == 1

SMT_PART_BEND_ALLOWANCE_FACTOR = 0.16

endif

if MATERIAL == "ALU" & SMT_THICKNESS == 1.5

SMT_PART_BEND_ALLOWANCE_FACTOR = 0.2666

endif

if MATERIAL == "STEEL" & SMT_THICKNESS == 1

SMT_PART_BEND_ALLOWANCE_FACTOR = 0.1882

endif

but this is not the best solution, for 2 things:

- it could be very, very long to write, and it pollute the relation window

- if you want to add or modify a new parameter, it's so long to actualize the existant parts.

So I decide to use Bend Table file.

But I have issue to use it. Does someone can help me about this topic?

1) I would like to use the bend table file to enter the K factor for the thickness and not the flat value, and use conversion option to translate the value in K FACTOR. Is it really possible to do that?

2) I create a simple bend table file, assign it in the material, but the value is not used in the SM part (see error bellow).

I do not have error when I assign the bend table directly in the part, but it's also not used.

Edit: I found my mistake!

thanks in advance for your answer.

Top Tags