cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Key list of advantages of creo 4.0 with features name and model

msaha
1-Newbie

Key list of advantages of creo 4.0 with features name and model

Please share your experience of New version of PTC Creo 4.0 with features and models. And also tell more about ur produce and which version u will recommend to people.

21 REPLIES 21

Hi Mayukh,

Can you please elaborate on what exactly you are trying to do and achieve?

Thanks,

Amit

svillafuerte
6-Contributor
(To:msaha)

add this in your config file:

use_inverted_mousewheel_zoom  Yes

Above mentioned config.pro option is available in Creo Parametric 3.0.

In Creo 2.0 you can use a trick mentioned in How to reverse the mouse wheel zoom

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

I have got a config.pro file and i am using creo 3 but that use_inverted_mousewheel_zoom option is not appearing in the config file. neither i am able to add that in the config file.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

you can open config.pro file in Notepad and add the following line at the end of file.

use_inverted_mousewheel_zoom  Yes

MH

Martin Hanák
msaha
1-Newbie

@amit deshpande - i am using creo 3. normally if you scroll the the mouse wheel forward (moving your finger forward on the wheel), it zooms out and zoom in for reverse. i want to reverse that because it has become my habit as i have been using other softwares too.

@shane villafuerte - use_inverted_mousewheel_zoom is not appearing in my configuration editor. neither i am able to add that in the config.pro.

I have tried a lot and searched in internet too. yet to resolve my problem.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I didn't try the option to see if it works the way you want but it's there.

Use the add button, default is NO, change the value to YES.

msaha
1-Newbie

As you can see i have tried that but the "ok" option could not be accessed. hence it is not being able to add.

12.jpg

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Do you have write access to the config.pro?

Navigate using file explorer to your config.pro and edit the file called config.pro using NOTEPAD. add the line and a space then YES and save the file.

msaha
1-Newbie

Stephen,

I tried that too. But the solution is not obtained yet. you can see the picture below.

asas.jpg

StephenW
23-Emerald II

The circle with a slash through it means it's an invalid option. Not sure why that is.

What release and build code are you using? You can find that under FILE - HELP - ABOUT CREO PARAMETRIC.

msaha
1-Newbie
(To:StephenW)

Yes, its shows the following

12.jpg

mender
6-Contributor

Looking at the code, it looks like the option was made available in M010.  Update to a more-current datecode and you'll have the option available.

msaha
1-Newbie
(To:mender)

thanks for your comment.

can you please let me know how can i update that? i want to enable that feature. i am having great difficulty with this and lots of my time is wasted for this.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

The link for software updates was posted by Amit on this post Re: What is stable build code for Creo 3.0 to upgrade ?

msaha
1-Newbie

Hi Stephen,

I am already using Creo 3.0. This means that I should be having the option I suppose.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

You are on Creo 3.0 but your build code is F000, that means you have the first release of the software. As Matthew stated, the option was added in build code M010, which is a maintenance release of Creo 3 (software update). You will need to update your software to be able to use the option.

msaha
1-Newbie

Stephen,

Now i got that. thanks.

so, to upgrade my software, can i do it by my own in my computer? if yes, what is the procedure to do so? or i have to purchase the software upgrade from the software seller?

Please suggest.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

If you pay PTC maintenance for support (or a reseller) you should have access to software updates. It may be restricted by your company about who has access to download the download the software though.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/software_update/swupdate.jsp

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:StephenW)

Unless you have experience installing the software I would suggest you let someone else (IT) install it for you to make sure you get the right license server any any floating modules you need.

msaha
1-Newbie

Our company don't have any maintenance contract with any re-seller. so wont i be able to download the update? off-course i can talk to my IT guy for the download if i get the right way.

Top Tags