cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Layers rules issues.

CM10
1-Newbie

Layers rules issues.

We're on WF3

We've gotten away from the troublesome "default" type layer system and gone to a rules-based system. One of the main reasons is the ability to easily "extend" the layers and rules down thru all the components in an assembly. This is great especially since we have a mish-mash of layers due to vendor parts being used in our assemblies and some users here who are clueless. So far we've been really happy with what I set up, but there are some glitches. One of the problems I find is that in my layer for surfaces, even though I have a rule that's supposed to keep everything with a "Has Thread" (Type != Has Thread) conditon out of it, they end up there anyways. Sometimes the "!=" rules just don't seem to work right. Also, there is a way to add things that are "Geometric Tolerance" to a layer by themselves......but I haven't found a good way to get the datums (axiis, planes, points) that are created to go on that layer without some trickery. If you set it up to add "Datum Planes", ALL planes end up there even if they're not ASME-type datums. Being from that worls, I've always had a problem with PTC calling them "datum" planes, axiis, etc. I think "Construction" or "layout" would be better terms because of the confusion with the ASME terms. Like I said, I had to resort to some trickery to get them to work.

Overall it's working great, but I want to iron out those few small bugs.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags