cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Layout (Notebook) Table of Parameters: Blank but Populating?

PeterAllen
4-Participant

Layout (Notebook) Table of Parameters: Blank but Populating?

Hello Users

In a Layout, my Table of Parameters is populating but is blank

Interestingly, this procedure correctly renders the Table of Parameters in a Drawing file

1. In Creo 1.0
  2. .LAY file created with Parameters
  3. Table Created with Repeat Regions
  4. Cells entered - lay.param.name , lay.param.value
  5. Table Updated
  6. Rows populate for Parameters entered
  7. Cells are blank (?)

File is attached.

Thank you kindly in advance

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
PeterAllen
4-Participant
(To:PeterAllen)

Does anyone else have this problem?

Updated to M020 and did not fix the issue.

PeterAllen
4-Participant
(To:PeterAllen)

Using &[PARAMETER_NAME] works, but Repeat Regions are not working correctly.

Hi Peter...

I'm sorry no one has responded yet. Hopefully some Layout guru will chime in. All I can tell you from my experience is that Layouts are very rarely used. This is likely why there have been few responses.

I'll fight to hold back my editorial comments on Pro/NOTEBOOK for another time.

Good luck!!

-Brian

ssircar
4-Participant
(To:BrianMartin)

Hi Brian,

I wonder why people are not using Layouts.

They are a very robust way of accepting user inputs, using them in calculations and then propagating the resulting design parameter values to parts and assmeblies.

We use layouts everywhere in a big way .... have been using them for the last 15 years, with extremely good and robust results; no problems whatsoever.

However, when you say layouts are rarely used, then how are you all automating your design process?

We have modules, wherein the user inputs captured in a layout are used to drive the whole complex assembly design - top down; it can even be bottom up.

Cheers

Shailendra

Some of our users do very well with Notebooks. I agree that they are very powerful and you can do lots of nice things with them.

However, we really only use them to shove common parameters into parts and assemblies. We do all of our automation in the parts and assemblies using Pro\Program.

One thing to note as well is that if you use PDMLink then be careful if you every copy items with declared notebooks. These can create some unexpected relations ships if you dont pay attention.

Top Tags