cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Letter Modeling

dyan
1-Newbie

Letter Modeling

I need to build a solid part of logo . but sometimes It can't be excluded out.

what should i do?!!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mpeterson
1-Newbie
(To:dyan)

The issue is with the font you are using. The lines either taper down to a single line or it tapers to a very small gap between them so the it give Pro/E (Creo) a hard time to extrude. First thing is to look at the font closely to see if there is a gap and if to you can try changing the accuracy to absolute at smaller values to see if it extrudes. If those don't work I would look for a similar font that doesn't taper to a thin line. If that is not an option than you will probably have to use a sketched font as a curve as a template and recreate the font with separate features. If that is required I would suggest recreating each letter individually and where possible "use edge" or "project" using the parts of the text font that is OK and then draw in the new lines where needed to keep a gap between the lines to create a totally enclosed sketch for extruding. Good luck.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mpeterson
1-Newbie
(To:dyan)

The issue is with the font you are using. The lines either taper down to a single line or it tapers to a very small gap between them so the it give Pro/E (Creo) a hard time to extrude. First thing is to look at the font closely to see if there is a gap and if to you can try changing the accuracy to absolute at smaller values to see if it extrudes. If those don't work I would look for a similar font that doesn't taper to a thin line. If that is not an option than you will probably have to use a sketched font as a curve as a template and recreate the font with separate features. If that is required I would suggest recreating each letter individually and where possible "use edge" or "project" using the parts of the text font that is OK and then draw in the new lines where needed to keep a gap between the lines to create a totally enclosed sketch for extruding. Good luck.

dyan
1-Newbie
(To:mpeterson)

You have thinked a lot about this question,then give out a good answer。Thank U! 

Top Tags