cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Line Continuation Character in Pro/PROGRAM Inside Conditional Statement?

pwilliams-3
11-Garnet

Line Continuation Character in Pro/PROGRAM Inside Conditional Statement?

All,

I have a drawing program that contains a conditional statement ("IF" statement) that needs to check the value of 9 parameters. However when I put all 9 criteria in the IF statement and save the program ProE truncates the line at 81 characters and fails to parse. Ok no problem I'll just put the backslash " line continuation character at the end and continue with the rest of the criteria. When I do that then ProE fails to parse the conditional. Has anyone solved this issue? Here is the conditional statement:

LH_INTERPORT:0 == NO & RH_INTERPORT:0 == NO & CNTR_INTERPORT:0 == NO &IF LH_INTERACT:0 == NO & RH_INTERACT:0 == NO & CNTR_INTERPORT:0 == NO

SET STATE BLANK-SHEET

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | o: 616.698.3766 | c: 616.947.2110

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

On a recent design, I had this problem. I solved it by making sure that
the "\" was inserted between conditional statements. See below:

IF PITCH=="03"|PITCH=="04"|PITCH=="05"|PITCH=="06"|PITCH=="07"\

|PITCH=="08"|PITCH=="09"|REL_MODEL_NAME=="1024T_01_ST"

Robert Hills

Cooper Tire & Rubber, Co.

(419) 427-4909

- <">mailto:->

Top Tags