cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Link between material and hatch

ldrutel
11-Garnet

Link between material and hatch

Bonjour / Hello,

CREO 4.0 M060

Je recherche comment associer un style de hachures à une définition de matière.

Il me semblait qu'il fallait écrire le nom du fichier XCH dans le champ "HACHURAGE" de l'onglet "DIVERS" de la définition du matériaux, puis définir le bon chemin d'accès des fichiers hachures XCH dans le config.pro via le paramètre "pro_crosshatch_dir", mais cela ne fonctionne pas du tout.

------------

I search how to associate hatch style with material definition.

It seemed to me that you had to write the name of the XCH file in the "HACHURAGE" field of the "DIVERS" tab of the material definition, and then set the correct path of the XCH hatch files in the config.pro via the "pro_crosshatch_dir" parameter, but it does not work at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No, the case of the name is not important.

At the end, i have take a good XCH file, mody it with the "Hatch editor" and save to the bad XCH file. Now all is OK

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

info about my test in CR4 M060:

1.] config.pro

pro_crosshatch_dir E:\PTC\Creo3_M180\Creo 3.0\M180\Common Files\text\crosshatch

2.]

In model I added cu.mtl material from Legacy-Materials folder and set copper as XCH-hatching filename

3.]

I created new x-section in model and ... I can see copper hatching style

Martin Hanák

Thank you Martin for your response.

I have follow the procedure and i have seen that for some i have troubble. For example :

If i specifie "Aluminium" in the XCH hatching filename and even then i have a "aluminium.xch" file in the crosshatch directory it does not work

but if i specifie "cast_iron" in the ..... i have a "cast_iron.xch" in the crosshatch directory it work good

Purhaps the problem come from into the inside of the XCH file

I must do more investigation.

Hi,

maybe Creo is case sensitive when you enter hatching filename. In case that aluminium.xch file exists I suggest you to enter aluminium in material hatching name field (you entered Aluminium).

Martin Hanák

No, the case of the name is not important.

At the end, i have take a good XCH file, mody it with the "Hatch editor" and save to the bad XCH file. Now all is OK

Thanks

Top Tags