cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Lisp Scripting in Creo Elements, Generating Geometry

ptc-4581114
1-Newbie

Lisp Scripting in Creo Elements, Generating Geometry

I was interested in digging into the Lisp scripting and customization features of Creo, but I am missing an obvious entry point.

My intent is to algorithmically generate a model or part.

Digging through the help files I see that Lisp expressions can be entered in the text box. However, I do not see a keyword reference, or the option to "run" a script and observe its output. I also dug through the program files and found a few LSP files that change lighting options, but I do not know how to run or access even the pre-made LSPs from Creo.

Google isn't getting me to where I need to be, so I thought it would help if I asked the community.

Is there a Creo-Lisp reference out there? A guide? An example script for generating geometry?

Thanks in advance!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi James,

A little bit late and I don't know if you already found an awnser to your question, but maybe this will help you.

If you created a *.lsp-file you can easily drop in Modeling and it will load the file or you can type the following command in the command-line in modeling (load "path/some-file.lsp"). After loading you should be able to see the dialog name in the toolbox, where you can execute it.

A good way to find the most commands you'll need is going to help-->documentation for advanced users--> integration kit --> index .

good luck

Top Tags