cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Look! An old friend showed up!

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member

Look! An old friend showed up!

So I was in Creo 2.0 and was going through my mapkeys to get rid of the old ones. I tried an old mapkey that I haven't used in Wildfire, which was to merge 2 surfaces. It goes through the old cascading windows and if there are not two quilts to merge, it stops at the "QUILT SURF" side bar menu. See the attached pic.

11-5-2012+2-54-50+PM.jpg

I thought PTC had taken a belt sander to ProE and stripped it back? This was a major reason for my being open to change to it. Now it appears that they've just added another coat of paint.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Yep, not only is MenueManager still there (esp in drawings) but legacy menues can appear when editing old part features. All rather seamless but nevertheless unnerving.

Try performing the merge process manually through the new CREO interface. If menu manager doesnt appear then its using the legacy menues for the mapkey - if you re-record the mapkey through the new interface they may dissappear.

CREO interface is a 3 headed monster - MenuManager, Wildfire, CREO. All users dislike two - depends when you first learnt the package !

The new lipstick seems to have put off the urgent plastic surgery that is still required.

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:BurtLand)

It's not a problem. Like I said, it was an old mapkey that I don't use in Creo 2.0, and it doesn't work properly which is why it paused at the "QUILT SURF" side bar. If I want to use Merge Surfaces mapkey I will make it from scratch.

Which leads me to another question which I will ask in another thread.

Top Tags