cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

MDO-Gear Train Dynamic Analysis - Help Please!

agoksu
1-Newbie

MDO-Gear Train Dynamic Analysis - Help Please!

I am trying to find the torque through a reverted gear train. I am having trouble with the output torque.

1- I applied servo motor -> input motion axis-> -360 deg/sec

2- applied force motor-> input motion axis-> constant 100 Nmm

I achieved the velocity results there's not a problem. So, I want to measure output torque on the final gear as pics.

To calculate the input torque, I defined a servo motor together with a force motor in dynamic analysis. İf not, it calculated input torque "0", output torque_1 and final_gear_torque with abnormal results.

1- Do I have to define the servo motor for calculate the input and output torque.

2-It doesn't calculate the output torques anyway. Whatever I did I can't find this problem's source. Could you help me plese?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan is correct - you need to apply a servo motor to the input axis to drive the system at a constant speed, and apply a torque motor on the output axis (or visa-versa). The torque motor will provide the load the system will see throughout all components. Applying a servo and torque motor to the same axis is redundant and the servo motor will "win" by default.

Chris

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I'm not an MDO user... but just thinking about it, perhaps you need some resistance to movement on the output in order to generate torque?

In a real situation, if there was nothing connected to the output then the speeds would work out as you show, but it's not possible to generate torque without an opposing load to react it.

Our gearbox test rigs here work in either "speed-torque" or "torque-speed" mode - in other words, you control either input speed and output torque, or input torque and output speed. The principle is the same.

Jonathan is correct - you need to apply a servo motor to the input axis to drive the system at a constant speed, and apply a torque motor on the output axis (or visa-versa). The torque motor will provide the load the system will see throughout all components. Applying a servo and torque motor to the same axis is redundant and the servo motor will "win" by default.

Chris

agoksu
1-Newbie
(To:agoksu)

yeah, it really works. Thank you friends ı seek this since last month thank you

Thanks a lot for this post ..///

Mani.

Top Tags