cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

MULTIPLE HOLES

ptc-2306411
1-Newbie

MULTIPLE HOLES

I am using wf3. What is the best way to insert multiple threaded holes into a part? The holes are scattered throughout the part and are not in a strtaight line to each other so they cannot be patterned. If you could picture a part that looks like swiss cheese with drilled and tapped holes that is what I am dealing with. thanks.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I believe a Table pattern should accomplish this. I have used it myself several times. However, I did not need to vary the thread size so I can't say if this is possible. Check out the help files on patterns in Pro/E, there are several different kinds of patterns available in addition to simply linear. Rodney Decker WF3 M140

Yes the pattern table would be the best pattern choice, but you can also use the fill pattern and click the black locater dots to unselect the holes not needed. This fill pattern assumes that you still have some linear relationship to each hole. Otherwise the pattern table will allow you to select each hole location based on your design. Eric
Top Tags