cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Make Feature Relations more user friendly

DanMcCaherty
1-Newbie

Make Feature Relations more user friendly

There are a couple of things that could be done to streamline the workflow in writing Feature Relations. In the first place, rather than selecting TOOLS>RELATIONS>FEATURE> and picking the feature to be modified, why not pick the feature in question, then use the Right Mouse Button menu to give us the option to write a relation for that feature? Thats maybe 2 picks vs. 5, plus the mouse hardly needs to move anywhere on the screen, as opposed to the current method where we are required to move around all over clicking menu options.

The second thing about Feature Relations is when I use a parameter in the relation, it always reverts back to the active part (or assembly) level and again I have to navigate down to the feature level to indicate that I want to use a feature parameter in my feature relation. MOST of the time, when writing a Feature Relation, I am using feature parameters defined in the feature for which I am writing the relation, so why not have the default parameter choices come from the current object for which I am writing the relation (which in this case is the feature)?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Agreed - the current method is clunky.

It would also be useful to have some sort of indicator (an icon overlay in the tree, perhaps) to show

when a feature contains a relation - they can be difficult to find in someone else's model.

Top Tags