cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Make it look like chrome

ptc-1364774
1-Newbie

Make it look like chrome

How do I make a part look like chrome? The apperance tab in the material section does not have this choice. Ultimately I would like to make a rendered photo of this.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

You will have to download a material (.map, .dmt) to add chrome to your list of materials. A web search of materials will get you some hits; ptc/user or proesite.com would be good starts. Next you will need to create your rendering room, lights, and other settings in order to get your model to look "correct". Eric

Maybe I'm not much of a web searcher but I could not find a downloadable .map or .dmt file.

http://www.ptc.com/cs/cs_26/howto/pho1169/pho1169.htm After talking with ptc they gave me this link which answers thet question perfectly.
Top Tags