cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Mass Properties Simplifed Rep Features Excluded

cballantoni
4-Participant

Mass Properties Simplifed Rep Features Excluded

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the mass properties of a model in a simplied rep of a part where features have been excluded. I've tried doing this and the mass properties output of the model is always the complete model, as if the master repwas shown,no matter what feature has been excluded with the simp rep. I'm using Wildfire 4 build M130.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

You can try this option

force_upd_assem_mp_in_simp_rep yes

It works in assembly simplified reps but I haven?t tried it in simplified
representations of parts.

Regards

Daniel Garcia

Is there a particular reason you are using simplified feature representations as opposed to suppressing the feature and turning it on or off in the family table? To me it seems like you are trying to use simplified reps to do what family tables are designed for. I have always been under the impression that simplified representations are exactly that, a simplified view designed to more clearly communicate geometric information about a part.

Top Tags