cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Material Removal - UI Revamp of construction of features

DanielSantos
1-Newbie

Material Removal - UI Revamp of construction of features

Hi folks,

This one is more towards José Coronado, who is working in the UI revamp:

Material removal is a very nice feature of Pro/NC,but due to the complexity of certain toolpaths, sometimes it can't be be computed correctly. This is expected and understandable, as it isalmost impossible tocome upwithan algorithm that could cover all possibilities of a cut motion, especially in regards multiaxis ones.

Hopefully, PTC understands this and allowed us to construct the material removal features the system cannot deal with, and I find it awesome... but I'd like to add that the UI for constructed material removal features is very obsolete and do not follow the Wildfire style, a classic example is the construction of Variable Section Sweeps for material removal. While WF has a nice and helpful dashboard to help the designer to work with VSS, in Pro/NC it still using the UNIX menus from 199x... so this is one of the many inconsistencies we have in the UI, something that needs to be addressed ASAP... nobody touched in things like that in the last 10 years in Pro/NC...

If anyone has similar examples to share, I'd like to invite you to post it here so that Coronado can have a track list of inconsistent features/behaviors in NC...

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Daniel Santos - CAM Support
GE Oil&Gas

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags