cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Merge/Inheritance Geometry/Part Replacement

crivera
2-Guest

Merge/Inheritance Geometry/Part Replacement

Once you utilize the Merge/Inheritance tool and added the part or geometry. How can I replace that Part of Geometry for another one? I go to the edit definition of the Merge Inheritance and I try to replace the geometry, but is not bringing a window to select the part I want to use to replace the other geometry.

Recommendations?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:crivera)

If you change the original model, a regenerate will update the Merge/Inheritance.  If you are wanting to use a different model, inserting a new Merge/Inheritance and deleting the old one is the only option I know of.

Working outside of a PDM you may be able work some magic by strategically renaming files in CREO and in File explorer.  (never tried it on a Merge/Inheritance)

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Hi Christian,

The only way to replace the reference model, is if it has a family table.  So you can replace the model with one of it's family table instances.  Otherwise, you would  have to delete the Merge/Inheritance feature and recreate it with the new model.

Thanks,

Amit

That's what I did. This is something that PTC should consider to improve for future Creo update.

Thanks to all.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:crivera)

Make it easier to replace out imported merge/inheritance models

Here's the product enhancement request for that improvement.

Top Tags