cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Merged Model - Family Table

TedOtto
3-Visitor

Merged Model - Family Table

I had thought I had this figured out, wasworking and saved it. I came back later and opened my models up and now it's not working. Maybe someone has an answer...

I have 4 different casting models (separate models and drawings for each) that all get machined. The machined features/geometry will be the same on all four parts, the only difference will be the cast in detail. I created a merged model to create a machined model. I created a family table in the machined model and inserted four instances and inserted a column and picked the "Merged Part" from the Family Items box. I checked the box next to my casting number and hit OK and it showed up in my family table. I typed in the desired casting parts in the column for each instance. I verified them and it worked fine. I opened each instance up and each one had the correct casting/merge model in it. Fast forward a few hours, I went toopen up one of the instances and it's not pulling in the correct casting model, it keeps grabbing the one from the generic. If I open up the correct casting model and then go back to the instance model and regenerate it, then it'll update with the correct casting.If I just regenerate the instance without opening up the correct casting model it won’t work… I get an error:

“Extension ‘PRT<240728>’ is not allowed.

Merge reference part is not replaced by family table.

Please retrieve part 240738.PRT.

It seems like it should work, but it just won’t pull in the correct cast model first….Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ted

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags