cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Meshing a weld that connects a tube to a flat surface.

Mattdagreata
4-Participant

Meshing a weld that connects a tube to a flat surface.

Hello, 

I am having issues meshing my weld that connects the curved side of the tube to the flat part of the plate (please see attached photo). The error mentions that I should "modify my geometry". My guess is the weld converges to a sharp angle that makes the weld hard to mesh (I assume).

I have the following questions:

What is the best way to modify the geometry of the weld? 

What meshing controls should I use, if any?

I have been wasting too much time on this and need to make progress. Many thanks in advance for the help!

Also, side note, where does everyone go to find the answers to their Creo 4 questions. I cannot find that many reliable resources! Anyone recommend a YouTube channel or a website? Is here the best place to find answers? Surely not...

Mattdagreata_0-1596549590685.pngMattdagreata_1-1596549615340.pngMattdagreata_2-1596549664684.pngMattdagreata_3-1596549677124.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RobertH
13-Aquamarine
(To:Mattdagreata)

By using the flare bevel weld.

Did a small test and this worked.

4-8-2020 18-00-06.jpg4-8-2020 18-03-06.jpg

Only make the weld shorter is a bit harder for this flare bevel weld compared to the filled weld (because it's PTC so it's never consistent...). You probably need a workaround (because PTC likes workarounds a lot) by using two sketches (one on the plate and one projected on the tube) and then place the weld between these sketches.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RobertH
13-Aquamarine

Try adjusting the depth of the weld so it does not end in a zero thickness.4-8-2020 16-17-01.jpg

Mattdagreata
4-Participant
(To:RobertH)

Thank you for the response. Do I modify the weld depth through the weld menu?

Mattdagreata_0-1596554916061.png

RobertH
13-Aquamarine

By using the flare bevel weld.

Did a small test and this worked.

4-8-2020 18-00-06.jpg4-8-2020 18-03-06.jpg

Only make the weld shorter is a bit harder for this flare bevel weld compared to the filled weld (because it's PTC so it's never consistent...). You probably need a workaround (because PTC likes workarounds a lot) by using two sketches (one on the plate and one projected on the tube) and then place the weld between these sketches.

Mattdagreata
4-Participant
(To:RobertH)

Thank you!

Top Tags