cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Mirrored Part's Simplified Representation

DOVANLE
1-Newbie

Mirrored Part's Simplified Representation

Hello Everyone,

Is it possible to create simpified representation (Simplfd Rep) for mirrored part (the same as the original part) ?

I'm using Wildfire 4.0 by the way.

DV

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
Kevin
10-Marble
(To:DOVANLE)

You can create a mirror of a simplified rep or create a mirror part with simplified reps if you copy the features of the original however this has the effect of not being a dependant mirror, the icon for the mirror will look a little different, and you will be able to change feature dimensions in both the original and/or mirror and they won't necessarily be the same in the counterpart. If you want a dependant mirror you can create a family table for the first part specifying the features you want to include or exclude, create the mirror part, and create a family table for the mirror part specifying merge part as a column and specifying the instance for the mirror geometry.

DOVANLE
1-Newbie
(To:Kevin)

Hello Kevin,

Thank you very much for the tip. I definitely want a dependant mirror. I will try you idea (this will be tough b/c I am not familiar with family table) and we'll see how it goes.

Thanks

DV

Top Tags