cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Model turned transparent after applying mechanism constraints

cmerani
6-Contributor

Model turned transparent after applying mechanism constraints

This is not another post asking how to make a model transparent.  I have quite the opposite issue.  Working with Creo 3.0, I have an assembly that I applied mechanism constraints and a servo motor to.  After running a quick mechanism analysis, all but one subassembly are now transparent and I can't seem to get the model to return back to its normal shaded mode.  Has anyone else ever had this issue and could you please shed some light on what happened here?  BTW, closing out the assembly and even Creo all together does not remedy the situation.  As soon as the assembly model is reloaded the transparency resumes however each individual part, when opened, displays properly.  Thanks to anyone that can help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:cmerani)

We don't have the mechanism module, so I'm not sure if it's prone to using transparency to show the "pertinence" of models in the assembly. For example, the manufacturing module always makes workpiece models transparent and green. So, some options I can think of:

(1) The mechanism thing likes to make models that serve a specific function (or none) a transparent color.

(2) The program changed the view properties of the components in the assembly, for its own reasons. If this is the case, you might be able to just select all the components with a rectangular selection, then

View -> Appearances -> Clear Appearances

This will remove the appearances that have been assigned in the assembly, which does not affect the ones set in the individual part models. The shaded appearance of your parts will be what they are set to in the part files.

Hope that made sense, and that the solution is as simple as that.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:cmerani)

We don't have the mechanism module, so I'm not sure if it's prone to using transparency to show the "pertinence" of models in the assembly. For example, the manufacturing module always makes workpiece models transparent and green. So, some options I can think of:

(1) The mechanism thing likes to make models that serve a specific function (or none) a transparent color.

(2) The program changed the view properties of the components in the assembly, for its own reasons. If this is the case, you might be able to just select all the components with a rectangular selection, then

View -> Appearances -> Clear Appearances

This will remove the appearances that have been assigned in the assembly, which does not affect the ones set in the individual part models. The shaded appearance of your parts will be what they are set to in the part files.

Hope that made sense, and that the solution is as simple as that.

cmerani
6-Contributor
(To:KenFarley)

Wow, Ken you are the man.  Clearing the assembly appearances did the trip.  Much appreciated.  I have been using Creo since proEngineer 2001 and I still learn something new with the software almost every day I use it.  Have a great weekend!

-Chris

Top Tags