cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

ModelCheck PARAMCHECK Not working with PTC_MATERIAL_NAME

lhoogeveen
17-Peridot

ModelCheck PARAMCHECK Not working with PTC_MATERIAL_NAME

We've added PTC_MATERIAL_NAME as a parameter to all of our start parts and would like to check that users have that parameter in their models. It's a neat hidden PTC parameter that once added dynamically links to the asigned material. For some reason, ModelCheck seems to ignore any attempts I use to check this PTC parameter even though I've been able to get ModelCheck to check for other parameters. I'm guessing PTC exempts their own parameters from being checked by ModelCheck? Or has someone else found a way to check PTC parameters?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PTC_MATERIAL_NAME is a reserved parameter which will not add manually. Once material is assigned to part, PTC_MATERIAL_NAME will appear with material name. Check attached video, this will explain my comments. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ModelCHECK will not check PTC_MATERIAL_NAME as it is reaserved parameter. However you can configure ModelCHECK for MATERIAL_INFO. This will check for assigned material from vaild list and if no material assigned there will be an error which will allow user to update material to part and once material will assign paratemetr PTC_MATERIAL_NAME will display in parameter list with material name.  

The MATERIAL_INFO check won't create the PTC_MATERIAL_NAME parameter (or at least display in the parameter list) if it isn't already in the model - which is why I was trying to require the parameter be there with the using PARAMCHECK. PARAMCHECK check can also requre the parameter be designated to Windchill if desired. This seems like a gap in ModelCheck since this parameter can be added, removed, and designated by the user - PTC should fix it by allowing this specific PTC parameter to be checked by PARAMCHECK.

PTC_MATERIAL_NAME is a reserved parameter which will not add manually. Once material is assigned to part, PTC_MATERIAL_NAME will appear with material name. Check attached video, this will explain my comments. 

Cool! I didn't know PTC_MATERIAL_NAME would add itself automatically. I'll mark your solution as the correct answer. Now if only we could require that PTC_MATERIAL_NAME and other PTC parameter (e.g. mass properties) be designated...

Top Tags