cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Modeling sheet metal bends

Designer.Simula
1-Newbie

Modeling sheet metal bends

I've created an open ended box in Creo 2.0. I want the inner radius bend to be sharp. A part that I have looks as though a "v" cut was done then the box was formed (wrapped around) creating sharp inner corners. Is this possible to do in Creo 2.0

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

If you create your open ended box with sharp corners in your Extrude feature's section sketch, there will be a sheet metal option(click on Options tab) available to you named 'Add bends on sharp edges'. Uncheck this option and you will end up with sharp inner corners. This methodology, however, will also produce sharp outer corners. If you need the outer corners to be radiused then you will need to add Round features. With the outer edges radiused via Round feature addition you will not be able to Unbend the model without first suppressing the Round features. If you want your model to contain the actual "v" cut appearance while in the flat state, you will need to add Cut features to the model while in the flat state. You will not be able to add the "v" Cut features in the flat state and then add a Bend Back feature. The "v" Cut features would need to be added to a Family Table instance model that you do not require a Bend Back feature to be included in.

Ron

Top Tags