cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Modify a part removing cavity

aniccoli
1-Newbie

Modify a part removing cavity

If I have a part with a cavity, is possibile using gui or using lisp to remove this cavity?

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Can you give an example, or upload an existing model?

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0

Here an example-

Part has a cavity. Part is obtained through unite parts inside assembly.

Hi,

at the fast only a picture, in version 19.

Make it haf transparnt

Draw a frame araund the inner geo.

Move 3D

ignore Faults.

put it outside + confirm

try.jpg

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

Thanks for your reply. I try to explain what I need..I need the external surface of a welded assembly that may have cavities within, for example, a frame obtained by means of tubular, if I use getvolprop lisp function on the part obtained as the union of the parts of the assembly, the surface of the inner cavities is considered . The surface that counts is the external one and not internal.The surface that will be subject to coating or heat treatment.

Hello Alesandro,

I see no other way.
Drag the internal shape out as described.
Make the calculation.
Thereafter, the inner mold with undo back to the old place

Surface_calculation.jpg

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

Is possible get external surface using lisp?

Is possible write a macro that

1.Get external and internal surfaces using this command (oli::getres (get_vol_prop :for_part :part "/name_part" :area) )

2.Subtract from this value, area of internal faces , but how?

Top Tags