cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Modify cosmetic hatch

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Modify cosmetic hatch

Hi all,

can anyone tell me how to modify the hatch style of a cosmetic sketch in W5. In previous releases you simply picked the hatch within your drawing & right clicked to display properties, then selected "retrieve" to get the various styles, steel, glass, cast iron etc. I just can't figure out how you now do this in W5.

Regards

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

I was able to change the crosshatching on a cosmetic sketch in WF5. I was able to select the sketch and then RMB > Properties. This brings up the Mod Xhatch menu manager where you can retrieve the different styles.

One thing to note is that I can only get it to work with the layout tab active in the ribbon. If one of the other tabs is active I get different options on the RMB.

Hope this helps!

-Greg

Hi Gregory,

thank you for the reply. You just beat me to it, i was about to post a message saying to scub what i said. I have only been working with W5 since early last week, the job i am working on is my first using W5. I have been encountering all sorts of strange phenomenon using this version, this issue being one one them. I must have tried to change the cross hatch style 20 times in the way you describe, i went through each of the tabs & back again, & every time i right clicked all i got was erase cosmetic, no properties. Then, about an hour ago, i opened up the drawing to try one last time & there it was "properties". I haven't a clue why for the last 4 or 5 days when i right clicked, even in the layout tab, properties was not present.

Regards

John

dp1
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:John.Pryal)

This worked for me.

Activate the layout tab and the x-section option from the pulldown on the right side of the screen. You can the select hatches and right-click properties as before. WF5 is a nightmare.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:dp1)

I am just running into this in, of course, dwg mode. I agree with the nightmare comment Don. This WF5/creo interface is just horrible. I've been sitting here struggling with this for the last hour or so. In WF4 I'd have not givent it a second thought and been done with it in seconds. Getting tired of things not working. Think I'm just going to leave it looking horrible, and when the boss asks, I'll just tell him it's a limitation of the software again, and see if next time maybe we'll get something else. Hey PTC, the ribbon is a nightmare. Let's dump it like Ford dumped the Edsel......

Top Tags