cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Mouse middle button woes

abesau
2-Guest

Mouse middle button woes

Lately, since going to Creo 2.0 I have been experiencing premature exits while placing a component.

It happens while trying to spin the component around while in component placement mode.  It takes the

middle button as an "enter" rather than "spin component" and it exists as if I had finished placing the component.

Anyone else seeing this? Any tricks to get it to stop? (I guess I should explain the "exit".  It does not

close Creo, I meant it exits the component placement mode. So then I have to go to redefine component placment

to finish defining it)

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

I saw this a couple years ago. I ended up switching my mouse to fix it.

Thanks Don.  I have swapped my mouse, so has my coworker one cubicle over, but no change.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:abesau)

If you think it is mouse related, it may be the mouse drivers and not the physical mouse it self. Did you try updating mouse drivers?

Not sure then. I know the one that gave me trouble had a free-wheeling mouse wheel instead of the standard mouse wheel with the ... bumps -- ? what are they called? -- when you roll it.

Best of luck.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:abesau)

Not sure what would have cause it to change, but my mouse has setting for the scroll:

Also, IT had to go in for the selection using the middle mouse button when I first got this mouse:

Maybe one of these might help,

Dale

Top Tags