cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Moving notes in drawings in WF4 or WF5

ptc-5641567
1-Newbie

Moving notes in drawings in WF4 or WF5

I know I can make a note that displays the text of a parameter, but can I move the location of the note based on a parameter? Lets say my parameter is called catalog_num and is a string. The contents of that string can be "partname-left" or "partname-right". How can I make the note move based on the left or the right part of the string?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm using Creo 2 but you should be able to do this in WF4/5. Create a coordinate system in the model that appears in a view where you want the text to appear. Create a note in your drawing using the "on item" type and pick the coordinate system to place it. Go back to the part and create a relation:

if catalog_num == "partname-left"

$d10=50

else

$d10=-50

endif

Where d10 is dimension for the axis of the coordinate system that places it where you want and 50 or -50 is the postion you would like depending on whether or not . The $ in front of the d10 is to allow for negative values.

Few notes: the coordinate system placement is dependent on the placement of the view. The relation above has a default location of "partname-right" just in case there is a typo in the catalog_num. The relation above will work only if catalog_num is a parameter in the model, not the drawing.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I'm using Creo 2 but you should be able to do this in WF4/5. Create a coordinate system in the model that appears in a view where you want the text to appear. Create a note in your drawing using the "on item" type and pick the coordinate system to place it. Go back to the part and create a relation:

if catalog_num == "partname-left"

$d10=50

else

$d10=-50

endif

Where d10 is dimension for the axis of the coordinate system that places it where you want and 50 or -50 is the postion you would like depending on whether or not . The $ in front of the d10 is to allow for negative values.

Few notes: the coordinate system placement is dependent on the placement of the view. The relation above has a default location of "partname-right" just in case there is a typo in the catalog_num. The relation above will work only if catalog_num is a parameter in the model, not the drawing.

Thanks it is working great

Top Tags