cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Multiple Sketches Open

JM_LPE
11-Garnet

Multiple Sketches Open

Is there anyway to not have to exit a sketch when changing windows? For example, I'm editing my sketch, and want to go grab a measurement from something in an assembly or another part, I have to exit my sketch, then activate the other window, take the measurement, then go back to my part and re-open/edit definition on my sketch. Or sometimes I'm working on two parts simultaneously and want to keep both sketches open in both parts and go back and forth between the two parts and not have to close the sketch.

I can only have one sketcher open per instance of Creo. Seems fine enough when you work on only a few parts and don't have a PHB breathing down your neck, but I work on projects with a lot of complicated parts and tight deadlines. All this closing and opening sketches is getting old.

Why can't I have multiple sketches open? Is there a config.pro setting somewhere that will let me do this?

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

to achieve your goal you have to launch 2 independent Creo sessions on your computer. Creo should consume 1 license only in this case.

Martin Hanák
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:JM_LPE)

@JM_LPE Within Creo, There is no such option available, Switching Windows will force Sketch to exit. I would echo with @MartinHanak for alternate option of section session of Creo. 

The issue with multiple sessions is then if I have the same part loaded in two different sessions because they're both used in an assembly and make an update in one session, it doesn't get loaded in the other session since the old version is in memory.

In my opinion this is not an acceptable workaround. I really wish it was because I'm stuck on Creo 2.0 which is absolute junk and can't even activate a window on it's on without my input. With Creo 2.0 and multiple sessions I don't have to activate windows either. Not having to click activate to change a window would be awesome.

Top Tags