cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

NDT Drawing

DieselPig
1-Newbie

NDT Drawing

Morning All

I have a drawing of a part that requires NDT i.e. radiography, that will be carried out by a contractor. It's a pipe with flanges welded on and I understand where the examination takes place on the part.

What do I put on the drawing to say what I want? The part is being sold into the O&G market so must meet ASME, do I just reference a standard, does anybody have a reference drawing to share?

Many Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Typically this is handled by a specification reference and the requirement of a certification.

The responsible engineer will provide the requirements and the specific specification references and applicable criteria. The lab will provide certification and test report.

You may wish to ask here, also a free support group.

Pipelines, Piping and Fluid Mechanics engineering Forum

http://www.eng-tips.com/threadminder.cfm?pid=378

Top Tags