cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Need help with creating a repeated pattern

felmi
1-Newbie

Need help with creating a repeated pattern

I'm new to creo in general and I'm trying to create a 10X10X10 matrix of the shape linked below, its a cubed truss. I can sucesfully replicate the shape individually on assembely but this will take a very long time, having to mate each surace thousands of times. Is there any other method of creating a 10x10x10 matrix that is time efficent?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
unickque
1-Newbie
(To:felmi)

Sure!

Start by assembling the cube using three offsets to 3 datum planes.

Then you can create a pattern of the part in 2 directions.

Then finally you can patter the newly created pattern in the 3rd direction.

Alternative method:

First create a reference feature, such as a CSYS

Assemble the cube on the CSYS

Pattern the reference feature in any way you want

Pattern the cube using a "reference pattern" that will follow the referenced feature.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:felmi)

Welcome to the forum, Faysel.

Do a search on borg_cube. We had a very lengthy discussion on just this.

BTW: you can pattern a component in an assembly model. This is more efficient in Creo if unmerged instances are acceptable.

borg_cube.PNG

Top Tags