cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Offsetting multiple surfaces at once

ptc-5213535
1-Newbie

Offsetting multiple surfaces at once

I have never used the offset tool before. I am trying to offset the entire part I am making. Currently, my best way of doing that is to offset each of the individual surfaces separately. Unfortunaterly, it takes a long time and the outcome does not look as nice as I had hoped. Can anyone help me? Does Creo have the capability to offset multiple surfaces at once?

Thanks,

Cody

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Can you merge the surfaces to offset the quilt instead?

And welcome to the forum!

As Antonius says. Alternatively, highlight all surfaces you want and create a copy CTL+C, CTL+V. Then create an offset using the copy. This method also works if you are working with solid geometry only. Change the selection filter to geometry or else use ALT+LMB to select a surface right click it and select all solid surfaces...deselect the ones you don't want by using ALT+CTL+LMB, then create a copy per the above. Watch out for offsetting greater/smaller than your smallest radius/edge distance.

Worth noting that you can select all surfaces of a solid or quilt very easily using 'seed and boundary': select a surface, then hold Shift and select the surface again (I think that's right).

Thanks Jonathan. I always forget about seed and boundary. I guess I never used the advanced selection methods enough to get the hang of it...kinda like playing twister with your fingers and brain at the same time.

Images are from the Creo quick reference card.adv_select_0.JPGadv_select_1.JPG

Top Tags