cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Old CoCreate Files

LutherBurrell
1-Newbie

Old CoCreate Files

I have some old CoCreate files that I am looking to recover. They have no file extension. The file name will be two letters like ae or am and then numbers. I can load my older 2D files and republish them, but the 3D files are being difficult. I have used OneSpace Modeling 14, and CoCreate Modeling Personal Edition.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Any files created by Creo Elements/Direct, CoCreate Modeling, OneSpace Modeling or SolidDesigner will always have a file extention.

Is there a possiblility that these files were created with ME30?

Hi,

Richard is right. All the Modeling (SolidDesigner) files have an extension - providing the information what kind of information is contained in the file.

Once I saw that people named their Annotation files "am". May indicates an "Annotation Module" file - just a guess.

What is "Old" by the way? 0-10 years? 10-15 years or 15+ years?

Are you able to get something readable if you open them by Notepad ++?

May a screendump here is helpful to show us a content of such a file (first 10 lines ...)

It is possible that these are ME30 files, maybe even ME10. They are generally from the 1990's

Here is the first few lines:

@* AOS

@* Machine type HP-UX

@* Transmitted by paul on 2-Jul-91 at 10-44

23 115

ROMDSCHMA 7 4

BY 19 UP 4 -1 SE 3 -1 TX 5 -36 FI 4 -6 CI 4 -12 PI 4 -8 GI 4 -1 SI 4 -3 TI 4 -3

In general, they look like simple text files with coordinates and other data.

Hello,

this is an old ME30 data file. The file snip above seems to be a ME30 Body file. (BY) and the starting sequence is also the one from a typical ME30 Body file.

Usually you load them via the ME30 xmit load option in Modeling (File > Load) , which is still available. (First rename the file on disc, since Modeling loads them only with the xmit post fix).

Since this is the Modeling PE forum this seems not to be a Modeling PE question anymore and you might like to contact your local support center if there are further questions.

Top Tags