cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Options Module - Part assignement

Dinesh_09_09
4-Participant

Options Module - Part assignement

I have 4 locations and 4 types of bosses with different  profile & thickness. Currently I have created a total of 16 bosses in my module (4 types at each of the 4 locations) and assigned choices to select any one type of boss at a location.

I was exploring a option where in, I have only 4 types of bosses in my module (instead of 16) and a way to assign them at the available 4 different locations. Please help! Suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8

One possibility would be to set up (4) point tables with the points you want for each set of bosses.

Place the first boss on the first point of the first table and pattern the boss using the point table. That should get you your first set of bosses.

Repeat for the other (3) bosses.

Thank you for your reply. 

I have requirements to have 4 different types of bosses at different locations at the same time. Like

type 3 at loc 1

typ 1 at loc 2

typ 4 at loc 3

typ 2 at loc 4.

Will this be possible using pattern option ? 

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Dinesh_09_09)

A screenshot of what you are trying to accomplish would probably get you more help.

Can the bosses be made from a family table?

If so, place each generic boss at the position you want and via a family table and instances, you can decide which boss is at which location on which instance.

Instance #1 - all (4) are type "A"

Instance #2 - A1, B2, C3, D4

Instance #3 - A4, B2, C4, D2

so on and so forth.

Unfortunately I have a restriction not to use family table. 😞

You could define a part with all the features you want controlled by a family table, then when you need a particular configuration, bring up that instance and Save a Copy to a new file name. The new file will not be controlled by a family table, and you can then use it in whatever assembly you wish.

This makes the original part with the family tables kind of like a "factory" where you can generate any configuration you wish.

Spoiler
You could create a Family Table UDF for the bosses, this is not the same as a normal family table but it will allow you to replace one boss for any other. You will need to leave the boss grouped or you will loose the ability to replace.

Hi,

I think you can drive locations via relations. I suppose that location x, y coordinates are related to common origin.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags