Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order and filter on FAMILY TABLE

Level 1

Order and filter on FAMILY TABLE

Hi folks. I have a part with family table (WF3). In the drawing I created a table (2D Repeat region) to show the entire family table with all parameters name and values. Now I need to modify this drawing table changing the order (for example based on type of 'material' parameter and not on instance name) or hiding some rows and keeping only the instance with specified value of a specified parameter. I tried to use filters (fam.inst.param.value == "steel" , ...)or order region on table unsuccessfully Any idea ? Thank you Pier
4 REPLIES 4

Sorting a BOM

Pier, I'm afraid you won't have much luck trying to rearrange columns in your BOM using the methods you have tried. You can modify the format of your default BOM, but the Component names are still going to drive everything. One thing you can do, which is a bit of work and won't automatically update the way you want it to, is to save a copy of the default BOM, bring it into Excel, rearrange it, then Insert the modified table into the drawing. (Probably not what you really want.) David

RE: Sorting a BOM

Pier, It is possible to filter rows and keep only the instances with specified value of a specified parameter, but you need to construct the table in a different way. This technique goes part way to define this table: http://www.ptc.com/cs/cs_26/howto/dwt_no2d/dwt_no2d.htm This method gives you much more control over column order etc. however to filter rows you need to set the table up slightly differently. In step 2 of the above technique, first create a simple repeat region which spans all the columns. Next create a simple repeat region inside the region just created, in all of the cells except the first column. Now follow all the other steps in the above technique. The table should look similar to this: You should end up with the same type of table as the 2D repeat region method, except you have much more control - you can add filters to the first large repeat region such as &fam.inst.name==ANDY*, or &fam.inst.param.value==steel I hope this works for you. Andy

RE: Sorting a BOM

Thank you all. Andrew I've already found the technique you suggested. It could be good even if it's not exactly what I want. Let's say that it's not possible to use filters in a 2D-RepeatRegion. That's all! I wonder if PTC is working on that. I don't think to be the first one with this need. Bye Pier

Re: Order and filter on FAMILY TABLE

Can I use this to sort any column of the table alphabetically or numerically? I can't get that to work. I'm currently using Creo 2.0.