cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

PRINT SKETCH SCALE 1:1

ahkrit
5-Regular Member

PRINT SKETCH SCALE 1:1

hello,

is it possible to print a sketch in a model in 1:1 scale?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Doable, but you need to develop some math equations to implement the relations that will keep your intermediate coordinate systems shifting as you change the shape of the hyperbola.

What kind of equations are you using?

See: http://www.nabla.hr/PC-ParametricEqu4.htm

for example, curve by equation, cartesian, using t: 0->1

y=-A*cosh(t)
x=B*sinh(t)
z=0

At least the value of "A" is directly related to how far from origin the apex of this hyperbola lies.

So you can put down another coordinate systems and use that to your next hyperbola.

At the end of the day, be wary of Creo's equation through curves!

Numerically unstable, so I'd recommend developing this whole profile elsewhere (excel, matlab), then importing the data into a curve-through-point array type of a construction.

ahkrit
5-Regular Member
(To:pausob)

Hi!

Basically i used these equations for the hyperbola:

x =1*t
y =0
z =a/(1*(t))+r
r=d*0.35

As i see it's better to use the equations u wrote. with it i can define the distance from origin as you told. But the problem is that then i would like to make the other hypebola tangential with the first one. (Se thhe picture below) I defined the first hyperbola in CS0 and then with a given distance from the tangential line of the first hyperbola i defined CS1, in this coordinate system the second hyperbola.. but the problem an Point 1 and 2 these are not tangential. How would it be possible to make these two at around P4 tangential? 

Here i used these equations for both hyperbola, because it is no problem if they are the same:

y=0
x=A*sinh(t)
z=-A*cosh(t)

Thanks!!

ahkrit

Top Tags