Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO/SHEETMETAL INTERSECTION OF PART ELEMENTS

Level 1

PRO/SHEETMETAL INTERSECTION OF PART ELEMENTS

Suppose you have a sheet metal part shaped like an H. Except there are two parallel cross pieces. And the line thickness of all of the lines is ¾ “. The long pieces get bent down 90 degrees to the cross pieces, so the end view looks like a staple.

I was able to generate one of the long sides first, and then locate one of the cross pieces. I generated it at 90 degrees horizontal and set its length. And then I generated the other long side bent down 90 degrees to the cross piece. All goes well thus far.

I located the other cross piece along the first line, bent it 90 degrees horizontal like the first one, and set its length to intersect the other long side, but Pro/E expects me to know something and that’s a mistake the program makes quite a bit.

So I have a beam or cross piece beginning on long side1 that has the correct bend radii and reliefs on the beginning end, and it intersects the vertical long side 2 and then just sits there.

I hate to use the word, but I want to merge the end of the second cross piece with the vertical wall and don’t know how to do it.

There must be some trick I just don’t know. Any ideas? Many thanks in advance.

James