cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

PROe 5.0 sketch issues

MichaelDouglas
8-Gravel

PROe 5.0 sketch issues

the sketches I created in sketches created in 4.0 do not work in 5.0.  has anyone had this issues?  how can i fix it.  tried opening a sketch in 5.0 and then saving it but that still did not make the sketch work.

these sketches are of pipe ports and sae ports.  Used in the hole command.   

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

update

the error i am getting is

Existing Centerline cannot be used for axis of revolution.

I have tried picking a surface and two edges and not the centerline of a pilot hole and still get the same error.

I have tried going into the sketch and removing the centerline from the sketch.  when you do this it does not allow you to bring the sketch into the assembly.

If you edit the sketch you can see it laying flat on the surface.of the part, should be perpendicular.

Hi Michael,

Place your sketch, then select the centerline of the sketch.  Press the right mouse button and select Axis of Revolution.  You shoule see the line style change and the color change to confirm it is your designated Axis of Revolution, then you can accept your sketch.

Doug

Top Tags