cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC Creo Parametric 6.0 does not have volume sweep?But Why?

Highlighted
Amethyst

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted

Re: PTC Creo Parametric 6.0 does not have volume sweep?But Why?

It DOESN'T?  Well, that's a total bummer if not.

Highlighted

well it does not show in any of their what's new videos.They have introduced an option to make helix curve directly from helical sweep.But no mention of Volume Sweep.

Highlighted

Yes, this is frustrating.  3D sweep was supposed to be delivered in Creo 4.0 F000, then pushed back to Creo 4.0 M020, then half delivered in Creo 5 with the 'Helical Volume Sweep'.  While Creo 6 does have some improvements to this helical feature, the full blown (non-helical) 3D Sweep is still not available.  Maybe Creo 7...

Highlighted

Not available even after 3 years, now its doubtful will they ever deliver it.I hope they do understand that its an important enhancement with all the mid-range CAD software's already having the complete capability.

Highlighted

It does have Volume Sweeps

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r6.0/usascii/#page/part_modeling%2Fpart_modeling%2Fpart_s...

More interesting is the fact they removed Creo Parametric 6.0 from the downloads section.  I got it last week but it's not showing for me now.

Highlighted

Volume Sweep is not the same as Volume Helical Sweep.

The download is still showing up for me:

Creo 6 Download.PNG

Highlighted

Odd I that I can't see 6.0 in the downloads section.  Is there a reference for exactly what is considered a "volume sweep"?  I understand where I was mistaken pointing out the helical type but am confused at to what a regular volume sweep is (say when compared to at standard sweep).

Highlighted

Imagine moving a square end mill through a piece of material in a straight line, but getting progressively deeper.  The tail end of the cutter will cause the slot to be slightly concave while the cutter is descending.  This can't be properly captured with a (planar) sweep today.

Highlighted

I understand now.  Thank you for the clarification.  I could approximate the form you're describing but it wouldn't be easy nor as accurate as have a true volume sweep.

Announcements
Message from Brian Thompson (PTC General Manager and DVP) regarding Creo Business Continuity plans.