cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

PTC/User forum to be subsumed into PTC Community

JWayman
1-Newbie

PTC/User forum to be subsumed into PTC Community

For those who didn't get the original announcement:

Snip>>>

As part of our PTC Live Global event in Boston, MA, today we’re excited to announce a new partnership between PTC Community and the PTC/USER portal. For the past twenty-five years PTC/USER has been recognized as the independent voice for users of software produced by PTC and now those ties to the team here in Needham have been further strengthened with a combined effort to best support our online communities.

Over the past several months the PTC Community management team has been working in union with the PTC/USER Board of Directors to discuss the eventual unification of our two distinct public discussion forums. The result of these joint efforts is an exciting new path for both PTC Community and PTC/USER, one that will best serve our robust communities of global product development professionals.

There will be much more details in the months to come, but today I’m most excited to welcome our friends from the public discussions PTC/USER. I’m looking forward to get to know this entire new group of passionate PTC professionals and can’t wait to see their contributions at PTC Community.

P.S. - If you’re at PTC Live Global today please stop by the PTC/USER booth in the exhibit hall (booth #400) where I’ll be talking about our new, unified strategy for online communities.

<<<<Snip

Seems like an altogether bad idea to me.

Like Rupert Murdoch owning all the newspapers and the TV stations...

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:JWayman)

Is the PTC/User forum dead already? I am not sure that I was familiar with that?

I googled it, because I seem to be getting emails from that now:

http://portal.ptcuser.org/

Thanks, Dale

Dale, PTCUser has been the go to place for decades for help using Proe / Creo.  If you've got a question, the PTCUser exploder would typically answer it almost before the PTC help desk would answer the phone.

Unfortunately, the PTCUser exploder (as it had been called) hasn't had any attention in years.  It works very well via e-mail, but the web interface is quite poor (not that this place is very user friendly).

There are a lot of long time users there. Though not as active as it once was, it's far from dead.  I fear in this transition, many of those users will be lost.  Some of them have already expressed that company policies prevent them from visiting online forums like this, but an e-mail list like PTCUser is fine.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:JWayman)

The PTC/User forum is still very active and I participate more in it than in this community. As posted on the PTC/User forum, a direct quote from PTC about it's takeover of PTC/User and it's intentions.

I wanted to confirm that PTC has no intention or strategy in place to take community discussions away from PTC/User. PTC and the PTC/USER Board of directors regularly discuss this topic at our executive reviews and have agreed that it is important to retain both communities and encourage our customer base to utilize them based on individual preference, type of issue, service available etc. We do not see any conflict in actively encouraging both communities for the future.

Regards Mark

Mark Hodges

Chief Customer Officer

For some context, that was posted in March of 2013.  Read it near the top of this page.

--
LinkedIn
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:dgschaefer)

I tried using my login/password, but it must require a different one.

It was set up as an independent community, in fact it was long the only community, so it has nothing to do with your PTC account.

--
LinkedIn

Hey all - I've locked this discussion since it doesn't relate to PTC Creo and is just a duplicate of our original announcement. If you have any feedback on the announcement feel free to leave a comment here.

Top Tags