cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Parameter New End_type

Helena
4-Participant

Parameter New End_type

I have looked in the "Help Center" after the name of the feature parameter "end_type" for the out-port of a fitting when this type differs from the in-port.

In the fitting file it is named nend_type. But it is not clear what the feature parameter in the model should be called.

Also, if the coupling is a T-coupling, should the parameter-name be something else for the branch?

I hope there is someone out there who can help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Helena...

If you look in the SPEC DRIVEN files in the help center, these are more help than the non spec driven files. I think I've faced this issue before and I think the answer is that all ports get "END_TYPE". If all ports have the same end type, you don't need to put the parameter on more than once. If you have two different end types, put the END_TYPE parameter on each end.

Does that make sense? Basically I think "NEND TYPE" is a typo and you just put "END_TYPE" everywhere. To be safe I always put the parameter on all ends. For branches there a "BRANCH_SIZE" parameter and a few other things. Check out the spec driven piping data under:

Piping

About Setting Up Spec Driven Piping

Fitting Library Files

Fitting Library Creation

Fitting Parameter

Fitting End Type Code Parameter

Let me know if that helps at all...

Thanks!

-Brian

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jsarkar
1-Newbie
(To:Helena)

I guess T coupling as u mentioned is might be a half coupling which will not break the run pipe. If so then you have to make it inline. For end types, if u select a particular fittings then i may able to help u.

Helena
4-Participant
(To:jsarkar)

Jayanta:

My prime concern is the correct name of the "end_type feature-parameter" for the port with an end type which differs from the original.

Is it "end_type" (which the Help Center vaguely indicates), is it "nend_type" (which is also stated in the Help Center) or maybe "new_end_type" (to follow the same pattern as the size-parameter).

I have tried all these, but it seems as Pro/E does not recognize any of them.

jsarkar
1-Newbie
(To:Helena)

I understand the requirement. I have also tried the same, NEND_TYPE is not recognised by proe.

Hi Helena...

If you look in the SPEC DRIVEN files in the help center, these are more help than the non spec driven files. I think I've faced this issue before and I think the answer is that all ports get "END_TYPE". If all ports have the same end type, you don't need to put the parameter on more than once. If you have two different end types, put the END_TYPE parameter on each end.

Does that make sense? Basically I think "NEND TYPE" is a typo and you just put "END_TYPE" everywhere. To be safe I always put the parameter on all ends. For branches there a "BRANCH_SIZE" parameter and a few other things. Check out the spec driven piping data under:

Piping

About Setting Up Spec Driven Piping

Fitting Library Files

Fitting Library Creation

Fitting Parameter

Fitting End Type Code Parameter

Let me know if that helps at all...

Thanks!

-Brian

Helena
4-Participant
(To:BrianMartin)

Thank you Brian!

I thougth I had tried using "end_type" for parametername, but I must have made some other mistake also.

Anyway, now it works.

Thank's again

//Helena

Hi Helena -

We have a product that helps with implementation of Spec-Driven Piping, called RsysConfig. 

Feel free to have a look at our website, https://cadactive.com/products/rsysconfig/ if you are interested in learning more. 

We would be happy to talk further to this, please send me an email at Phil.Clukies@cadactive.com

Top Tags