cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Parameters in Created Dimensions

JWayman
1-Newbie

Parameters in Created Dimensions

(WF2)

I am not a fan of created dimensions, I prefer to show them. However, there are occasions when I create dimensions. Sometimes that is just the right way to do it.

Given that, it should surely be possible to use parameters in the note of a created dimension, just as you can in a shown dimension.

Say I have a parameter in my part that controls the pitch of a pattern of tapped holes and their diameter. I may want to create a dimension, pointing to one of the holes (not the pattern leader) along the lines of: 5 Holes Tap M6 thro' equispaced on &pitch pitch, but it would not work. I would have to make the second part a note and relate the note to the dimension.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags