cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Parametrically merge multiple point sketches for point pattern, Creo 2.0

drieffel
12-Amethyst

Parametrically merge multiple point sketches for point pattern, Creo 2.0

I have multiple datum point sketches that I would like to merge into a single sketch for patterning a hole.  I don't want Cntl-C/V the sketches together because construction lines overlap and get messy.  The point pattern only allows selecting 1 sketch at a time.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A pattern can only reference one sketch.  I'd redefine the last sketch to add the other points in and delete the earlier sketches.

If you want to keep the sketches separate for some reason, you can create a new sketch and duplicate the points in it, aligning all the new points to the earlier sketches.  Then if the old ones move, the new sketch will update.  If points are added or removed, however, the sketch driving the pattern will not update automatically.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

A pattern can only reference one sketch.  I'd redefine the last sketch to add the other points in and delete the earlier sketches.

If you want to keep the sketches separate for some reason, you can create a new sketch and duplicate the points in it, aligning all the new points to the earlier sketches.  Then if the old ones move, the new sketch will update.  If points are added or removed, however, the sketch driving the pattern will not update automatically.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags