cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Parts disappeared

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Parts disappeared

I do not know what I clicked on, but all of the parts in the assemlby except one disappeared.

Can someone help me? I had right clicked on the part that is visable, but don't know what happened.

Thanks,

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Dale,

I can't tell, but either you're in a Simp. Rep with everything blanked, or you have a x-section that's wiping out everything.

Go into your view manager and first look at the x-section tab and make sure there's no x-section shown. If that doesn't work, go in to the Simp Rep. tab and set it to Master Rep.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

I noticed this in the bottom corner of my screen. (see attached).

Thanks,

Hi Dale,

I can't tell, but either you're in a Simp. Rep with everything blanked, or you have a x-section that's wiping out everything.

Go into your view manager and first look at the x-section tab and make sure there's no x-section shown. If that doesn't work, go in to the Simp Rep. tab and set it to Master Rep.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:JoshH)

There was an Xsec, but when I activate - No Cross Section. Nothing comes back. Simp Rep is set to Master Rep.

Actually, the Master Rep had the red arrow pointing to it, but when I right clicked and Set Active it came back.

Does anyone know why this happened?

Thanks,

That + sign next to the "Master Rep" in your picture looks suspicious to me. Maybe try switching to a completely different rep and back again? The Master Rep should always contain all the parts in their fully modeled form.

The other consideration might be blanked layers.

Lastly, maybe you accidentally activated that part that is visible. Maybe clicking on the assembly in the model tree and try activating it?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Your first suggestion worked, but I had not follow through completely on the master rep becase the red arrow was point to it. Once I actually clicked set. It all came back.

Thanks again.

Woohoo! I'm happy to hear that.

Have a great Friday!

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

I just couldn't figure out why the red arrow was point there, but when I clicked set it came back. Friday is getting better now that things are working again.

Top Tags