cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Parts made flexible at assy will NOT show item balloons.

DELETEME
1-Newbie

Parts made flexible at assy will NOT show item balloons.

Anyone else having this problem? We have things we makde flexible at assy (length of hydraulic cylinder, hairpin-type cotter pics, etc., and though they show up in the parts list, I cannot get the item balloons to show. Also, I've noticed that if the parts have a pre-defined flexibility, and the used picks the default yes as the part comes in, but does NOT change any of the preset dims/parameters, etc., it causes problems where you can't fix indexes and such. But, what are we supposed to do about springs? Are we supposed to have to manually and not parametrically add balloons? This sucks. Anyone have a Pro/WORKAROUND?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I called PTC and it’s a known bug, although they won’t call it that. WF4 allows you to show BOM balloons for flexible components, but you will still not be able to fix the index of these components. The guy had the nerve to tell me I could fill out an enhancement request……..to get back functionality that was LOST when we got the ability to add flexibility to the models!! That’s an “enhancement�?!?! I guess that would go right along with the functionality lost in composite datum curve creation and surface by boundaries......

I had to put in an enhancement request to get back the functionality we LOST when we use parts and/or assemblies that are flexible. If anyone else is annoyed at this reduction in functionality portrayed as an "enhancement", I suggest they fill one out as well.
Top Tags