cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Pattern a Pattern

cdspk
1-Newbie

Pattern a Pattern

Under what conditions can you pattern a pattern? - sometimes it's there, sometimes its not,

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:cdspk)

No firm grasp on it. But I know it involves grouping.

bokm9606
1-Newbie

It all depends on how the sub pattern was created. If I recall the sub
pattern needs to be groupped prior to propigating it other pattern. Always
think about the order of operations at Pro/e will use to rebuild features.
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

I think you create the first pattern, add that pattern to a group and then pattern the group.

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
bfrandsen
6-Contributor

In Creo 2.0 you can pattern a pattern without using groups. This is from the Help Center:
Select the feature pattern that you want to pattern and click Model ▶ Pattern. Alternatively, right-click the feature pattern in the Model Tree and click Pattern on the shortcut menu.

/Bjarne

A trick was needed back in the Pro/ENGINEER days but as someone else suggested, I think in Creo it's no longer needed. I have not tried this in Creo myself so I can't say for sure. If I have some time, I will play around with it later.

In Pro/ENGINEER, I did this out of curiosity and did the following.

I created an Axis and constrained it's two dimensions as needed. I then created a hole using that axis. I patterened the hole and then I patterned the axis itself.

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

I can't help but laugh or smile when I see your avatar picture. ROFL

In Reply to Wayne Falco:

No firm grasp on it. But I know it involves grouping.

Top Tags