cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Pattern problem

Staron
1-Newbie

Pattern problem

Hi,

I have kind of a basic question, but nevertheless one I had a bit problem with

I want to pattern my lifting lug in 2 directions, around an axis. I want the first lug in direction 1 to be 35° from the center lifting lug, next one 50° from the 35° one, the other side is symmetrical. I have tried to accomplish this, but when I go to dimensions to add increment, I’m not able to select the 35° angle.

Staale

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:Staron)

Try the table patterns. Using that method, you can specify the angle for each instance in the table.

It is easier than it looks at 1st glance. You simply enter instances and select the variable dimension(s). It all remains internal to the feature.

And point references work well too. You can do this with a sketch using geometry point or creating datum points. If you need both position and orientation, this won't work quite as well as tables.

It appears you have to change the solid sheetmetal model to have features follow bend states.

Here is a Pro|WorkAround^tm that will generate an axis that follows the bend state that can be used for markings in the flat (last sketch in the video) and provide an axis reference for assembly in the formed state.

This can be done in any sequence depending on that you are trying to accomplish. Be sure that you maintain a single "piece" model. The take-away from this video is to create a hole and fill it back up to maintain an axis in the appropriate location regardless of form states.

Top Tags