cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Pattern question

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Pattern question

Hi all,

i have a problem that i cannot get my head around. I have a domed surface, which i would like to dimple (like a golf ball i guess). I have created one column of dimples, but cannot see a way of creating all the rows without a major effort. At the top of the dome, you have 4 pattern members, but towards the bottom (as the diameter increases) you could have 60 members. There are a different number of pattern members in each row. Is there a way of creating one dimple only & then patterning it, then pattern merge all the dimples? I have attached a screen shot showing my requirements.

Regards

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

hi,

Have a look at this thread, might show you a solution: http://communities.ptc.com/message/170972

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst
(To:James62)

Thank you for the reply Jakub, i had been looking at the fill pattern feature, but could not get it to work they way i wanted, then i realized my mistake, i now have exactly what i wanted. It is my first time working with this fill pattern feature, its great once you know what you are doing, i look forward to using it again in the future. I will read the thread you sent, hopefully it will help me better understand this tool.

Regards

John

Top Tags