cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Pattern tables and feature name creation

nmarco
1-Newbie

Pattern tables and feature name creation

Hi - I hope someone has an answer to this. I am trying to create a boat load of datum points to use as monitor points within a FloEFD analysis. I want each of these to have a unique name which I can define. I understand how to create a pattern table and import my list of points, however I can't figure out how to add unique names to these points.

PS I have about 700 points to upload so manually editing each one to change the name in the model tree is not an option.

If you can help then thanks in advance...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:nmarco)

I know that it has been almost a year, but I came across a work around in another post. You can change the default editor from Pro/Table to Excel. Look at Andy's comment in this product improvement:

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/3526#comment-11868

Thanks, Dale

Top Tags