cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Personal experience with Circular references

mhucik
3-Visitor

Personal experience with Circular references

Hello,

I would like to ask you PTC Creo or ProEngineer users something about your personal experience with circular references. i know how to find out CR (crc file, reference viewer) how to remove it. i know it could give some regeration problems, but what kind of problems? In which part of desing proces it could be problem?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
mhucik
3-Visitor
(To:mhucik)

Why is it a problem, if you have CR?

dm-3
1-Newbie

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Circular references causes additional regeneration time, in my opinion, that seems to be one of the primary problems.  Many circular references in an assembly can seriously degrade Creo performance.

I have seen one case where upon regeneration, a circular reference would change a part and then the next regeneration, it would change it again. I believe that specific one was a relation was causing a value change with each regeneration. I have only experienced that one time.

Top Tags