cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Please regenerate the section to proceed?

wjabbour
1-Newbie

Please regenerate the section to proceed?

In Creo Parametric 3.0, does anyone know what this request is? I'm in a sketch. All the sketch requirements are met. There are no open profiles, etc. Every time I try to close the sketch, I get this request. I don't know how to regenerate a sketch.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Good news: it works now. Thank you all for your help!

I found out the graphic card drivers were indeed part of the problem as well as my config.pro file.

As it was a combination of two solution for me, and i had somehow been trying both independently from each other, i thought none of these were the problem.

So what i did is that I updated the drivers (to the latest ones) and started with the default config.pro file that i then modified step by step to the config i had before, and the problem didn't reappear. I still don't know what the problem with my old config was.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

It looks like a graphics card or driver problem. Check http://communities.ptc.com/thread/36576 for a start on debugging the issue.

Thanks for your answer David,

GRAPHICS option on WIN32_GDI, updated the drivers and changed the display to 16bit but the issue is still there.

I can complete the description of the issue with a somehow strange phenomena: when my config.pro file isn't in the documents library folder, this shading problem isn't happening (but then i have to load it everytime i open Creo, which is annoying).

Does that make sense?

Do you have transparancy disabled?

Welcome to the forum, William.

Transparency settings don't do this either.

Normally, the closed loop color is a red rose transparent tint. The color you are seeing is typical for a feature creation highlight.

What happens when you use sketcher_shade_closed_loops no in config.pro?

You can upload you file using the advanced editor (upper right corner) if you want someone to see if this is a model problem or your configuration.

thanks Antonius : )

'transparency' and 'blended_transparency are both set to yes in config.pro. Is that what you ment?

I played around with all the configs i could find with the keywords shader, shaded, sketch, loop... no success.

And yes you are right, it looks like a feature creation. I know how it should look like, and this isn't a model related problem.

I think you have a legitimate cause to submit a support case

So sketcher_shade_closed_loops no doesn't fix this either?

The only time I have seen anything similar was when when I had shaded polygons in a loaded symbol. Been using a "hatch" scheme since. It was playing havoc with the graphics driver.

sketcher_shade_closed_loops dosen't do it neither. I think it is to set the default setting when opening the sketcher for the shading toggle. I mean this little guy here:

shadedClosedLoop+toggle.JPG

What is a support case, is it the next level of this? : )

Aha... is that what that button does

Customers that have maintenance have the ability to create a support case. New customers automatically get 1 year of support. You have to sign up the people allowed to create support cases, but anyone in your organization can create a support case. Some companies prefer it be driven through IT or CAD IT. Others prefer people just solve their own issues with the PTC support techs. in order to sign up, you will need your maintenance number or some other data about your purchase or ongoing maintenance contract.

One advantage the support techs have is access to internal problem reports and bugs, and they can screen-share to help solve issues.

Your issue is definitely unique. I hope there is a simple answer for you. I can see how this can be seriously annoying.

yes, this "shade closed loop" thing works pretty good, so why would you ever want to switch it on and off if you don't have EXACTLY the problem i am having : ) Ironically I am quite glad this button there!

I am going make a mapkey for that button and see how the workflow is. If it is too annoying, i'll do what you recomand. i just need to find out what maintenance contract my university has with PTC.

Probably the academic version of the software... which has a different maintenance site:

http://www.ptc.com/communities/academic-program/technical-support

Glad you found the work-around, though.

thanks for the link! i just made a support request.
solutions to this problem will be posted here.

Top questions:
OS?

Graphics card?

Did it work before and has changed on this same install?

What is the path reported for reading the config.pro file?

Is there a config.sup file that is overriding the Graphics option?

- Win7 Ultimate

- NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256Mb

- i did a clean Windows and Creo reinstall two days ago. It has worked before but only when my config.pro wasn't in the Document Library folder. By that i mean that i had my config.pro file somewhere in a working dirrectory and would load it every time i opened Creo. If i transfered the config.pro file to the Document Library folder so that it loads automaticly when i launch Creo, the issue would appear. (is that understandable?)...But since i reinstalled everything, even this trick wouldn't work.

- I'd be interested in knowing how to change that by the way. But i would assume it is Library/Documents, as this is where my config.pro is and it loads automaticly

- i'd be happy to check that. How do i do it?

When you look at config options there's a drop down menu listing each source of information that ends up in the current config. When you select each of the files it shows what contribution that config made.

Typically PTC looks in order, in the installed directory, then the start directory for the app and then the Users home directory, picking up details from each in a cumulative way. You can also manually load configurations from any locations and they can be .txt suffixed files, as long as the contents are text. This last is what I have typically done - the main config.pro contains only a mapkey that loads the rest of the config from a text file.

You can change where the start directory is for an application under the properties for the shortcut for that application.

I wonder if your reinstall put in a graphcs driver that is not compatible. There have been cases where users had to go backward for a compatible driver or get a driver from the computer manufacturer, not the graphics chip maker. It may take a few tries as there is no good guide for this beyond the supported list from PTC; I'm guessing that

GeForce cards have been discussed over a long period of time for use with ProE/Creo, but they are not a favorite. I don't know if you can reconfigure to use a card from the Quadro line, but that's been the go-to GPU line for a long time. Here's a long thread on the subject http://communities.ptc.com/thread/54591

Good news: it works now. Thank you all for your help!

I found out the graphic card drivers were indeed part of the problem as well as my config.pro file.

As it was a combination of two solution for me, and i had somehow been trying both independently from each other, i thought none of these were the problem.

So what i did is that I updated the drivers (to the latest ones) and started with the default config.pro file that i then modified step by step to the config i had before, and the problem didn't reappear. I still don't know what the problem with my old config was.

Solutions are good news no matter how we got there.

Feel free to mark your own post as Correct so others will see it.

Top Tags